'Den Nordiske Lejrskole and Kursuscenter' Lejrskolevej 4 DK-3400 Hillerød, Denmark Tel. +45 - 4826 1986.
Arrival: Sunday, 3 August. Dinner at 6 pm and afterwards an informal introduction meeting. Registration upon arrival.
Departure: Sunday, 10 August after breakfast.
Students are accommodated 2 persons per room. Bed linen and towel will be provided.
Please fill in on the application form a name on a person you want to share room with (if possible).
Ticket(s) to/from Copenhagen: Please use cheapest tickets (apex, student or the like, if possible), and bring a copy of your ticket(s), you will be reimbursed while at the school.
(Hillerød is situated ~35 km North of Copenhagen centrum).
Getting to Hillerød from the airport takes 1 1/2 hour and is quite easy:
Bus and Train
1. Buy a ticket for 'alle zoner' and keep it until you get off the bus in Hillerød.
Price 'alle zoner' : Ticket, one person, one way = DKK 52,50.
10-trip clipcard = DKK 305. Several people can travel together on the clipcard. (1 clip per person).
2. Take the train (direction Helsingør, every 20 minutes) from the airport and get off at one of the following stations: The central station (Hovedbanegården), Nørreport or Østerport. From any of these stations you can take the S-train lines A or E directly to Hillerød (from a different platform though). Getting to Hillerød takes 1 to 1 1/2 hour depending on the connections.
The time table is as follows (every hour):
Airport Hovedbanegården Nørreport Østerport 06 21 25 29 26 41 45 49 46 01 05 09
S-train to Hillerod line A:
Hovedbanegården Nørreport Østerport arrival Hillerød 14 18 21 55 34 38 41 15 54 58 01 35
line E (daytime only):
Hovedbanegården Nørreport Østerport arrival Hillerød 04 08 11 45 24 28 31 05 44 48 51 25
3. Now you finally are in Hillerod but what now? I hope you still have your ticket - it is valid (for 2 hours) on both trains and also on the bus which you have to find now. The busses which takes you to 'Den Nordiske Lejrskole' are lines 701 (direction Kongens Vænge) and 702 (direction Kongens Vænge) and they leave from the bus terminal next to the station. The bus ride takes 5-10 minutes. The buses leave from Hillerød Station (daytime schedule) every hour at:
01 11 21 31 41 51
and they both stop a few minutes walk from the school (ask the bus driver). We hope this information will be sufficient but you are of course welcome to contact the school secretary (email@example.com) if you need further instructions.
Further directions and maps
- You can use the froms at www.rejseplanen.dk to figure out the most convenient route between places in Denmark.
- See the page on how to get to NORDITA
Some useful pages to check out when planning a stay in Copenhagen: